It’s time for New Year, New You! With lots of resolutions around health and wellness I wanted to offer some info regarding DETOXIFICATION.
Many people are jumping into clean eating programs, cleanses or fasts to kickstart their new year. This can be a great thing but it warrants some additional info. Your body is constantly working to unload toxic burdens from the air you breathe, food you consume, chemicals and heavy metals found in toiletries, cleaning products, cosmetics and more. As you amplify your body's detoxification, mobilize some of the toxins stored in fat and send it into the blood, you may experience fatigue, headache, breakouts, loose stools, and irritability. Know that these are common and expect to have some sluggish days. Anytime I do a focused food shift or recommend it to others; I suggest you do LIFESTYLE practices to support yourself.
1. Exercise, keep blood and lymph flowing.
2. Sweat! Use a sauna to break a sweat and detox through your largest organ (skin!) be sure to rinse cold after.
3. Breathe! Take time to do deep breathing. I suggest 3 cycles of 3 deep inhales/exhales throughout the day.
4. Sleep! Be sure to get your zzz's by shutting down earlier or eliminating that Tv show. Make time to rest and recover as your body is working overtime.
5. Supplements that support detox: NAC, (N-acetyl-cysteine) is a precursor to glutathione, a crucial antioxidant. Liver support live herbs - my top two include milk thistle and dandelion. It’s easiest to consume as a tea.
Hope everyone is focused on making this year the best one yet- I highly recommend eating clean in 2018! Let me know how I can help!